Ariana Grande - June 2015 UK Tour



If you've read my blog posts before, you will notice that a lot of the music that I listen to is extremely male dominated (excluding Jenna from Tonight Alive, but being the only female in the band still proves my point). Seeing Ariana live in concert was a first for me because, apart from One Direction and The Vamps, I hadn't attended many pop-type performances, and from a leading lady it was something new to experience.

I have been a fan of Ariana for a while, and if you are aware of my fashion blog you'd know that she's definitely an inspirational character to me and such a great influence in music and just as a person overall. We were seated a little further away for the gig than we usually are when we attend, however we still had a great view, and with someone like Ariana who has such a powerful voice it didn't really matter where we sat because even sitting at the back you would be blown away by her talent.
We missed the opening acts but caught the last song from Rixton due to queuing for food and drink, but what we saw of them (and heard from the bar) their set sounded pretty good as well (and props to lead singer, Jake Roche, on his outfit choice; bold).

She opened the set with 'Bang Bang', a popular song that she released before her album featuring Jessie J and Nicki Minaj (although Ariana did sing all parts and absolutely killed Nicki's rap). She played many songs from her newest album, 'My Everything', including 'Love Me Harder', 'Be My Baby' and 'Best Mistake, however the best performance of the night had to be her rendition of 'My Everything' which began with a video of her grandfather, who she dedicates the song to. The scene was absolutely amazing, a light fog covered the stage as Ariana sat on a grande piano in a ballgown, pink trees and mountains covering the large screen behind her; it was utterly magical and breathtaking. This performance will always be one that i remember due to how personal it seemed to be for her and she definitely put in her heart and soul.

She played a couple of songs from her first album, 'Yours Truly', such as 'The Way', 'Honeymoon Avenue' and my favourite song, 'Right There', which, accompanied by all her amazing dancers, was such a great performance.

Because I am so used to watching bands playing with instruments, having stripped back performances without large amounts of pyrotechnics and fancy effects, it was surreal watching something that was such a great performance, with fireworks, back up dancers, props, and actually having her stand on a cloud that flew in the air! It was such a great concert and I enjoyed it immensely, she is definitely an all rounded artist fit for all, and I hope to see her again in the future.



Comments