DON BROCO - 2016 Album Launch


Now this one is a special one for me.

Not only am I a huge fan of DON BROCO, but the fact that they are from Bedford, like myself, and also that, without fail, they always manage to come back to Bedford during each tour, they have ALSO decided that Bedford Esquires is such a special place to them that they were going to do a Midnight Album launch that would space over two days, performing their first album, 'Priorities' and their second album, ' Automatic' B2B. You could understand my level of excitement when they announced that this was happening.

First off, I want to mention that this was one of the cheapest gigs I have ever been to, especially as it lasted two days, which made this whole experience even better.
If you have never been to Esquires in Bedford before, it is a tiny venue on the outskirts of the town centre that is dingy, sticky, and old. The upstairs is a music venue, whereas the downstairs is a small bar, but I wouldn't have wanted it to be anywhere else, due to how important this venue was to the band.

The first day (Wednesday) was their album 'Priorities' played in full, which was great on it's own due to how much I LOVE that album. My favourite performance of the night was their first ever release which was 'Thug Workout', which always seems to bring a large amount of energy to the room, especially in Bedford as it was filmed and recorded there years ago.
The second day (Thursday) was the album release party, so it started a little later that the Priorities performance. The album was played in full, with a few performances of other previous songs, then when they had finished there was a countdown to midnight when the album was to be released UK-wide. The atmosphere in the room was something I had never experienced at a concert/gig before, so it was definitely something special. After the announcement and obvious celebrations, everyone stayed around in the venue to have a few drinks and hang around with the band. I managed to have a brief conversation with Matt, the drummer, as well as Rob, the lead singer, which was so interesting as usually this is not something that you get to experience at a normal concert.

As this was in Bedford, I think it is definitely a lot different to other gigs that they may perform around the UK (and world, no doubt) due to how intimate the gig was, so I am incredibly pleased that I managed to experience this. I have seen DON BROCO perform at other places around London and at festivals and, although I have always enjoyed every performance I have gone to, this is definitely my favourite by far.

In terms of all the gigs I have attended, this will definitely be up there with my favourites, and will always hold a special place in my memories and heart.

Comments