Bring Me The Horizon/ Neck Deep/ Pvris - November 2015 UK Tour



Having the chance to go to Alexandra Palace and see three bands that I have always wanted to see (Neck Deep I had seen already), I wasn't going to turn this down. My friend, Chloe, asked me if I wanted to go to see Bring Me The Horizon in London and I was so excited that she had even mentioned it.

I had been a fan of the band for some time now, and had wanted to experience it all live. My mum had banned me from seeing any heavy metal artists live (lol) however she was unaware of this one, which made me feel sneaky (hahahaha I can't even believe I have just written that). Nevertheless, I was looking forward to attending, especially as I was a fan of the bands opening for them, also.

Pvris were a good opener for the band, however no one was a fan of them due to the reaction of the crowd when the played. This transferred over to when Neck Deep performed, where the heckles grew a bit stronger within the crowd. As a fan, I didn't like the atmosphere that was created, and as a moralistic human being, I didn't think this was fair for the bands involved and felt sorry for them. I think this was a bad move for the events planning team as the genre of music that both the opening artists are categorised as were not the same as the main performer, meaning that the crowd were most likely not going to be happy with those opening, which was definitely the case.

I was in the crowd for the two openers, however I had a bad back at the time, and due to the amount of mosh pits then I knew were going to occur, I had to go stand at the back of the arena near the bar. I grabbed a drink and watched from afar, however as I was not in the crowd I don't think my experience was as good as it could have been.
Chloe stayed in the crowd and said she had the best time ever as the atmosphere was amazing. So I feel as though my experience cannot be something that I can comment on and use as gospel for how the night went. The music was amazing, the performance was amazing, however for me the overall atmosphere wasn't there, but I wasn't in the crowd for the main performance, so I will rule that out.

Comments